DGD finds extra time when there is none and goes that extra mile when others would call a halt. Whatever it takes, in fact, to fulfil the potential of the brief.
DGD set standards for ourselves which often surpass customer demands. The goal is to produce solutions that excite us as well as you. Working hard to satisfy our own extremely demanding internal standards is the best way we know to deliver material that will work just as hard for you out in the market place. From initial contact and costing through design, production and delivery we will look after your every need.
Gary designed the content and organised the UMIST alumni magazine for me over the course of several years. His design and project management skills are excellent; he was a pleasure to work with. His calm 'can-do' approach, especially as last-minute crises hit, was greatly appreciated. He also designed other publicity material for us, including bespoke Christmas cards and Legacy informational brochures. I would definitely recommend Gary.
— Annette Babchuk
Experienced Alumni Relations Professional
• Art & Design Foundation
• BA(Hons) Graphic Design
• C&G Web Design
• ITQ3 Advanced Web Design Data Management
• Freelance DP Publications & Friends of the Earth
• Society of Industrial Artists & Designers
• Member Chartered Society of Designers, 26 yrs
- I have carried out assessments for the CSD for new applicants from the East Midlands who wish to join via submission of a portfolio of work and interview
• Member of the Adobe A Team, selected design customers invited when Adobe created the Creative Suite to obtain important direction and feedback in developing their software to be cutting edge for professional users. It now dominates the publishing industry. I have used it since version 1
• Always Designer of own graphics business
• Worked for several UK universities (UMIST/Manchester, Warwick/WBS, Oxford, Worcester College & University)
• Centre for Rural Research, Malvern Hills ANOB, Earth Heritage Trust, The Abberley & Malvern Hills Geopark
• Design, retouching book, magazine publishing
• Industry, housing & construction sectors
• Commissioned by Lloyds Bank various items
• Started within theatre, play promotions
• RoSPA steering committee member for Leicestershire Advanced Drivers since 2011
• Responsible for sole creation/development and maintenance of RoSPA group web site with free hosting
• Passed 3 yearly Advanced Driving Examination since 2011 and now a group advanced driving tutor.
• What Car Magazine, part of the reader review test team for the all new 2015 Ford Mondeo
Gary I meant to say to you earlier that you did a wonderful job on the brochure - it has been much admired by those of us who know the house well. Many thanks!
— Sr Rosemary Lenehany
Sales brochure for Grade II Listed Convent
Gary works as a Creative Partner with Clients' producing Refreshing Graphic Design Solutions to add real value and zing to your publications and core business activity. We can start work from a blank page that is totally open to our creative input or implement your very specific and exact instructions without deviation as you desire.
Design Concepts From corporate branding, logotypes, general printed brochures for sales, marketing, educational purposes to exhibition, web and new media we listen very carefully to your wishes and desires to create a framework to carry out and successfully implement the agreed strategy.
Art Work Gary provide a complete art work service through to pre-press or DGD can amend existing art work files, copy content and image changes including any retouching or colour correction to your instruction.
Print and other medias projects are taken through the appropriate print production process of either digital, lithographic or web for very large print runs. From your corporate literature DGD can develop the brand and content into exhibition displays through to new electronic media files as suits your requirements.
The Web DGD consider any current corporate brand identity that you may have, looking for any unique selling points and how these optimally translate into a digital design. Gary will then make design and content proposals and after consultation proceed to develop them into a final on-line site for you.
Photography and illustration Our photography and illustration is used in various medias that we are involved in the production of, such as editorial, advertising, websites, sales / corporate literature and annual reports. DGD enjoy a close working relationship with its clients, gaining an exact understanding of their requirements to then go and produce memorable imagery that captures the desired essence of the clients' wishes.
Gary has produced some excellent designs for our publishing book brand and also a magazine. He is always professional and delivers on time and on budget.
— Harshad Kotecha
© DAVIS GRAPHIC DESIGN